La Crosse Loggers BaseballSummer/Game Day Position Description
An intern with the La Crosse Loggers Baseball Club receives the opportunity to experience what running a baseball organization is like from a game day standpoint. Interns will start each work day by assisting with the setup of the stadium, making preparations for the incoming patrons. Positions for interns at the ballpark include assisting with on-field promotions, press box duties, and concession and souvenir stand operations, as well as helping with ticket sales at the front gate.
Through the Logger intern program, interns will experience professional growth in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, customer service, promotions, marketing and public relations, along with hard work on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
What are former interns doing now?
- Knowledge of Logger philosophies and an understanding of our mission
- Knowledge of Logger baseball as a whole including, but not limited to, schedules, prices, ticket packages, merchandise information, and group outing information
- Knowledge of Microsoft software and willingness to learn new programs
- Willingness to work in different areas of the field both in the office setting and baseball park setting
- Assist with both on-field and off-field preparations
- Positive attitude and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and work in fast paced situations
- Exceptional organizational, teamwork, and time management skills
- Matt (2003-2005) is currently working for the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Bob (2003-2004) is currently working for the Kansas City Royals as a Corporate Sales Manager (MLB)
- Monica (2005) is currently working as a Corporate Account Manager for the Madison Mallards
- Brent (2006) is currently the Ticket Sales Manager for the Fort Wayne Tin Caps of the Midwest League
- Erin (2006) is currently the Director of Group & Convention Services for the La Crosse Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Phil (2006-08) is the now a Group Ticket Sales and Service Representative with the Minnesota Twins (MLB)
- Isaac (2007) is currently working for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.
- Dayna (2008) is currently working in group sales for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.
- Kelly (2008) is currently working for the Rochester, Minn. Sports Commission.
- Lacey (2008) is currenlty working as the Director of Promotions for the Sioux Falls Pheasants (American Association- Independent Baseball) and the Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL).
- John (2008-09) is now working as the Assistant General Manager of the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters.
- Brett (2008-10) is currently working on the sales team for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.
- Eric (2009) is currently working as an account representative for the Charlotte Stone Crabs (Class A Affiliate of Tampa Bay Rays)
- Brody (2009) is currently working as the Director of Hockey Operations & Merchandising for the Sioux Falls Stampede
- Liz (2009) is currently working as a Group Sales Representative for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Brandon (2010-11) is currently working as an intern in the Baseball Operations Department of the Milwaukee Brewers
- Ben (2011) is currently working in Turf Maintenance with the Milwaukee Brewers